When you’re managing medications at home, working with your doctors and pharmacists can help you avoid medication-related problems. Non-emergency medical transportation in Texas lists down ways you can effectively manage your medications:
- Learn about each of them. Aside from the medication’s name, learn about the dosing information, potential side effects, why it is prescribed, if it possibly interacts with certain foods, drinks, vitamins, supplements, or other drugs, how long it should be taken, and more.
- Keep complete medical records ready at appointments. When visiting your healthcare provider, always carry a list of all the medications you are taking, including OTC medicines, supplements, or vitamins, etc. Make sure you keep this ready for medical appointment services and emergencies.
- Follow all prescribed directions. Take your medications only as prescribed by your physician. Read the instructions carefully and drink your medications at the recommended dosage, time, and duration.
- Use only one pharmacist. Having a pharmacist familiar with your medications is an advantage. These pharmacist(s) can help you screen potential drug duplications, interactions, and other medication-related problems.
- Watch out for side effects. Inform your healthcare provider right away for any new side effects and lifestyle changes. This will help your physician determine whether you need medication regimen adjustments or not.
Make managing your medications a priority to better your health. A provider of medical transportation in Houston, Texas can help bring you to and from your pharmaceutical errands.
Talk to Good Hands Medical Transportation LLC for your transportation needs today!