Good Hands Medical Transportation LLC has several suggestions that will help you cope:
- Know your treatment options. There are several ways for you to get treated. The session can be done in a dialysis unit, hospital, or even at home. Check with your care provider to know which option is best suited for you.
- Do your own bit of research. Getting a better understanding of your condition helps make informed decisions. To further your knowledge, you can either read books or ask your doctor questions. Make note of all the new information you learn so you can reference it in the future.
- Check your insurance coverage. Dialysis sessions do not come cheap. Why pay out of pocket when you can make use of Medicare? Other times, it can even cover your expenses for Medical Appointment Services in Houston, Texas. Talk to a social worker to get your insurance paperwork done.
- Follow your proper diet. You need to consume food that supports the state of your kidney. In most cases, you will be advised to limit the amount that you drink. However, you should still check with your kidney dietitian.
- Book your transportation. Dialysis treatment is a process that can leave you feeling weak and tired. To prepare for this, you should get someone to drive you from the facility to your home. If your friends and loved ones are busy at the moment, call us. We offer Non Emergency Medical Transportation that keeps you comfortable for your appointments.