Getting NEMT services is a revolutionary decision. Not only that you are increasing the safety of your loved one during transportation, you are also making things much easier for them. No more waiting lines and taxi hailing. After getting aboard in an NEMT vehicle, what is left is to do is to prepare your loved one for the upcoming medical check-up or operation.
But note, not all NEMT service providers are that reliable. Though they are all bound by similar standards, not everyone is able to comply with the same smoothly. Thus, you must be vigilant. After all, this is your loved one’s life that is at stake.
To serve as your guide, Good Hands Medical Transportation LLC, a friendly non emergency transportation services in Texas, prepared a short checklist:
- Punctual. Tardiness should never be tolerated, especially when someone else’s health depends on it. An ideal NEMT service provider should arrive at the agreed time and place. No heavy traffic nor destination distance should prevent the driver from arriving on-time.
- Complete with necessary requirements. Before you trust an NEMT agency, run a quick background check. Look for registration certificates in their office. To verify the authenticity of which, you can connect with the appropriate government body. See also if their personnel have sufficient experience and training. Their vehicles must be meticulously maintained as well.
- Clean driving record. As for the driver, you must make sure that they defensive. The best way to do this? Take a peek at their driving record. A singular vehicular accident should be enough to raise your eyebrow. It is ideal too if the driver has clean records with regard to drunkenness and drug abuse. A good driver never brings their vices on the road.
- Prepared. The NEMT that will attend to your needs should be ready for any kinds of mishaps all the time. In case the vehicle develops a mechanical malfunction, they should have the sufficient tools to immediately address the problem. And if physical complications occur with the patients, the attending NEMT assistants should at least apply some revival skills like CPR.
- Customer-centered. The NEMT provider you will choose should know how to handle you professionally. From signing up until the actual rendering of service, they must be transparent and accessible too.
- Updated. NEMT service providers should keep abreast with changes, both in the legal and medical practice. Every client deserves the kind of service that is efficient and innovative. Being amenable to the necessary changes will certainly boost a provider’s competence.
We do not mean to brag or overemphasize but Good Hands Medical Transportation LLC has all of the aforementioned features and more! Since we aim for your approval and satisfaction, we will deliver you services nothing less than impressive. For you, we will become the best non emergency medical transportation in Houston, Texas!
For you, what characteristics should your NEMT service provider possess? Feel free to air out your thoughts in the comment box below.